Get Out to the Park and Volunteer!
It takes a lot to keep the park running. The Esplanade Association works in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation to welcome thousands of volunteers, like you, to the park each year. Your combine efforts are equal to the work of more than 4 full-time staff!
We rely heavily on volunteers to make the park cleaner, safer, and more beautiful for you and for the millions of users that visit the park each year. In addition to helping with park maintenance, the Association recruits volunteers to help run park programs, help with office tasks, and to help with special events.
Whats Happening Now
- Group Volunteer Days: Schedule a volunteer day for your business or organization. Groups of up to 100 can register online to come and help out in the park. To learn more about the event and register to volunteer click here.
If you are interested in volunteering and would like to find out more about Association’s volunteer program, please explore the menu on the left under “Volunteer.” To register for a volunteer opportunity simply click on register.
Special Volunteer Opportunities
- Charles River Cleanup – We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us with registration and direction of volunteers on the day of the cleanup. Volunteers will be asked to attend one short orientation session prior to the event. In addition to having the opportunity to participate in one of the nation’s largest clean-ups, volunteers will receive an authentic special Charles River Cleanup T-shirt and be invited to attend the post-event picnic on the Hatch Shell oval. For more information email Kyle Richard firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Garden Assistants Program – Do you have a greenthumb? Would you like learm more about gardening? Sign-up today to be part of our 8-week Garden Assistants program. We are looking for an active group of volunteers to help us manage the important garden spaces around the Esplanade
- Date: Every Tuesday from May 3rd-June 21st
- Time: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Location: Garden Locations at the Charles River Esplanade
Interested candidates should reach out to Kyle Richard email@example.com or 617-227-0365
This program requires an 8 week commitment.
- Esplanade 5K – We are seeking volunteers to help us with registration and directing runners for our June 2nd Esplanade 5K. The race will be held on the Fiedler Field from 5:00pm – 7:30pm and will loop around hte Charles River Esplanade. Participants will have access to post-race events, give-aways and promotions. For information email Kyle Richard at Krichard@esplanadeassociation.org.
- Volunteers in Action
- Click on a picture below to view these photos as a slide show.
To find out more about volunteering with the Association, please explore the menu on the left under “Volunteer.”