On behalf of the Greater Boston community, the Esplanade Association works to restore and enhance Boston’s Charles River Esplanade.
In support of its mission, the Esplanade Association works to:
- Revitalize and care for the park’s natural environment and historic character
- Restore and enhance the park’s amenities
- Improve the park visitors’ experience
- Offer a wide variety of free educational and recreational programming
- Advocate for public policy and resource allocation to support the park
Our mission is achieved in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation and in collaboration with the community that shares a vision and responsibility for the Esplanade.
*The Esplanade Association receives no funds from the state. We are 100% privately funded.
The Esplanade Association is a dynamic and collaborative organization that works as a primary partner with the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation to ensure the Charles River Esplanade is a world class park. This will be achieved when the Esplanade is fully and sensitively restored to creatively accommodate present and future uses, including active and passive recreation and cultural, environmental and educational programming.
The Esplanade Association intends to build bridges to the metropolitan Boston community by supporting outreach, facilitating volunteer opportunities, and encouraging responsible use of the Esplanade.